Tuesday, August 9, 2011

First day...

Our first day was a little strange.... Our pediatrician called late last night to inform us that Sam's strep culture taken on Sunday afternoon had come back positive and he couldn't go to school for TWO days! I cried like a baby; he was SO excited about 1st grade. When we told him, as he was already in bed, he took it so well. Told me, "It's ok Mommy. I've got all year." Since he wasn't feeling bad we decided to do the morning as usual, stop in his class only very briefly to drop off a few supplies and not touch ANYthing! His teacher gave him to worksheet and a book to read and we were on our way.
Sam stayed in the car while we took Brice to his first day at "big school". He was so excited and had a hard time focusing and listening to all the new instructions about his morning routine, but I know he'll catch on. He kept asking, "When are we going to the cafeteria?" So, we left after he got settled in. I cried all the way down the hall. I'm so thankful that Brice has the same teachers Sam had and the principal is the same too. It's comforting.
Sam and I have been home all day but got word that he could go to school tomorrow after all, since he's fever free and will have had three doses of antibiotic by school time tomorrow. Yay!







No comments: