If I had to think of ways to describe Sam I'd say he's: smart, kind, witty and just a delight to be around. He's also one of the most sensitive kids, no matter the age, I've ever known. Just the other day one of those incredibly sad "adopt a child from the third-world country" commercials was on TV. Sam insisted that I not change the channel. He came to sit in my lap, got all teary-eyed and began to ask questions about the children and why they we in that situtation. He was broken hearted. Sam also asks lots of questions about God, death and faith - stumping me many times! I hope he'll always be this insightful and concerned about the needs of others.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
It's "official"
Sam is really five years old now. His birth DATE was Dec. 28 but not until the PARTY this past weekend did he really turn five - at least in his mind! And, this was a special one because it was his first party not at home and he got to invite a few classmates.


If I had to think of ways to describe Sam I'd say he's: smart, kind, witty and just a delight to be around. He's also one of the most sensitive kids, no matter the age, I've ever known. Just the other day one of those incredibly sad "adopt a child from the third-world country" commercials was on TV. Sam insisted that I not change the channel. He came to sit in my lap, got all teary-eyed and began to ask questions about the children and why they we in that situtation. He was broken hearted. Sam also asks lots of questions about God, death and faith - stumping me many times! I hope he'll always be this insightful and concerned about the needs of others.

If I had to think of ways to describe Sam I'd say he's: smart, kind, witty and just a delight to be around. He's also one of the most sensitive kids, no matter the age, I've ever known. Just the other day one of those incredibly sad "adopt a child from the third-world country" commercials was on TV. Sam insisted that I not change the channel. He came to sit in my lap, got all teary-eyed and began to ask questions about the children and why they we in that situtation. He was broken hearted. Sam also asks lots of questions about God, death and faith - stumping me many times! I hope he'll always be this insightful and concerned about the needs of others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great pictures! Looks like a fun party! I love his prayer :) - he really may be a reverend one day - he's so philosophical and sensitive!
Great pics! You look so great! I love that deep purple color on you.
Hey Trish! I had a great time painting with you today - I hope your mugs turned out well. I have been immersed in your blog for the past 20 minutes! What fun little guys you have! We should get together with Lindsey and her boys too. That would be crazy! Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment