Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cloudland Canyon State Park

Here are the hi-lights from our Labor Day weekend trip to NW Georgia where we visited Cloudland Canyon State Park, had our first (and probably last) experience at a KOA campground, and spent some time in Chattanooga at the Tennessee Aquarium and the Children's Discovery Museum.



Hiking down to the pond for the Catfish Rodeo.


Sam did this all on his own. I'm just glad I captured it!


Notice the lumps in his socks. Since he didn't have pockets, I suggested Brice put the nuts he found in his socks. He liked that idea!


Sam would NOT climb into the cave.


The jumping pillow at the campgrounds. It's exactly what it sounds like and lots of fun.


Brice loved it and had NO fear!


The Tennessee Aquarium.


I took this from the ground with my big zoom lens. I think it's about 14,000 feet up. Click on the photo to make it larger. You can see the hang glider running off the edge!

Sam was lucky to get a job helping pick up hang gliders. Thanks Peyton!


After we observed it from the ground, we just had to go see what it was like up on the mountain. Pretty breath-taking and actually quite scary.


At Chattanooga's Children's Discovery Museum.



We are big Curious George fans in this house!


After a visit from the Whitley boys, the park rangers decided it should be renamed "Loudland" Canyon!

No comments: